SWIM WITH HORSE POWER!
The Seahorses are a YMCA sanctioned swim team that focuses on providing children with a consistent opportunity to develop and refine their swim endurance and stroke technique. Instruction is provided to meet each individual swimmer’s needs within a safe, motivating, and challenging environment. Allowing your child to develop their competitive skills and instill a lifelong interest in swimming.
At the YMCA we practice a holistic approach to sports, with an emphasis on positive physical, mental, and spiritual development. We believe that there is too much emphasis on winning at all costs and on special recognition for sporting ability.
Our program holds other values that are important:
- Developing self-confidence, self-respect, and an appreciation of your own worth as an individual.
- Developing a commitment for daily living based on values such as Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
- Growing as a responsible member of the family and as a citizen of the community.
- Appreciating that health of mind and body is a sacred gift and that physical fitness and mental well being are conditions to be achieved and maintained.
- Recognizing the worth of all people and working for inter-group understanding.
- Developing the capacity for leadership and using it responsibly in groups and community life.
To be ready for a competitive team, the swimmer must be able to complete 25 yards each of Freestyle and Backstroke, without stopping. They will also need to display a general knowledge of Breaststroke and Butterfly.