BASE Program: Before and After School Enrichment
The Kenosha YMCA Before and After School Enrichment (BASE) program aims to help children make everyday life substantial and rewarding. Beyond offering a safe place for your child, the Kenosha Y strengthens the community through youth development.
We believe that strong children build strong communities. So, we focus on giving children the opportunity to discover themselves, improve their skills, and set goals. By enhancing the children’s experiences through our BASE program, we achieve our goal of refining the community.
We designed our daily structured activities to operate under Four Core Values:
While we have an established curriculum within our BASE program, we balance this with choice-free time. We believe that nurturing children involves allowing them to discover themselves outside of rigid daily structures.
BASE Program Overview
Our passionate team is ready to provide a variety of before and after-school activities to enrich your child’s mind. We follow all state licensing standards while nurturing the potential of every child.
Here is a brief overview of our established, high-quality program and what you can expect your child to experience with the Kenosha Y:
- Academic Support: We assist children with homework they may find challenging.
- Physical Activity: We offer structured games and free time.
- Socio-Emotional Development: We help children understand the value of interpersonal relationships.
- Cultural and Arts: We develop children’s appreciation and understanding of different cultures and the arts.
- Stem: We offer fun ways to teach science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- Community Service: We teach the value of being part of a community.
- Nutrition: We help children understand the importance of health and wellness.
The YMCA’s dedication to enriching children’s life compliments our BASE program by extending deeper support to the academic needs of the children in our program. With the Achievers Program, the Y will provide additional help to students facing reading and math difficulties. If your child is struggling in these areas, they will participate in a skill and concept reinforcement and practice in small groups. In addition, they will benefit from individualized tutoring specific to their needs. This is not homework help … it is targeting the skills and concepts that each child is struggling with and then helping them achieve grade-level proficiency. The Achievers Program works in conjunction with our fun-filled “be a kid” traditional After School program to provide the best of both worlds for your son or daughter.