The Jaguars are a Y of the USA and USA Swimming sanctioned swim team that focuses on providing children with a consistent opportunity to develop and refine their swim endurance and stroke technique. Instruction is provided to meet each individual swimmer’s needs within a safe, motivating, and challenging environment. Allowing your child to develop their competitive skills and instill a lifelong interest in swimming.
The Kenosha YMCA Swim team offers training and practice groups to those in all ability levels from beginner to advanced ages 6-18. Our beginner swimmer groups will focus on technique and efficiency before advancing.
- Bronze: this group is primarily for our swimmers 12 and under or for those completely new to competitive swimming. Coaches will teach the four competitive strokes, starts, and turns – the basics of competitive swimming.
- Silver: this group is primarily for our swimmers 13 & up that can legally swim all four strokes. Emphasis is on fine tuning stroke technique and efficacy in the water to lead to increased performance.
- Gold: this group is for our advanced, competitive swimmers. Swimmers in this group must test to the practice standards of the group, adhere to attendance standards, and competition standards.
- BRONZE: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays: 6:15-7:30pm
- SILVER: Mondays-Fridays: 6:15-8:00pm
- GOLD: Mondays-Fridays: 6:15-8:30pm
- SILVER & GOLD: Open Practice, Saturdays 9-11am
Please attend the correct practice days and times for your group unless otherwise directed by the coaching staff. Attendance will be taken!
- BRONZE: $75/month
- SILVER: $90/month
- GOLD: $110/month
All Jaguar Swim team members must have a Kenosha YMCA membership (youth or family).
*Swim team is a 7-8 month commitment, monthly payments will be automated.
As swimmers are ready, coaches will make changes to the swimmer’s group assignment. If your swimmer moves to a group with a higher fee, you will be responsible for the prorated increase.
Practice schedule will be determined by the level of your swimmer. Currently, we have team practices M-F in the evening hours. Saturdays may be scheduled for the gold group.
No refunds or credits will be given for cancelled practices. Cancelled practices will only be done in the cases of high school swim meets and/or extreme weather, facility maintenance, etc.
Families with multiple swimmers will receive a discount. 10% on second swimmer, 20% on third swimmer and 30% on fourth swimmer.
Each group will hand out an equipment list to parents. All swimmers are responsible for their own equipment and cost.
All Swim Team members are responsible for their own meet fees.
Apparel orders will be available for all swimmers, including team suits. All swimmers are responsible for their own apparel fees.
Following the Kenosha YMCA Class Cancellation Policy, credits will be given for medical reasons only; documentation required. A prorated system will be used to determine credit amount and a $10 processing fee will be deducted from the credit amount. Credits are valid for 12 months.