The Goals of the Kenosha YMCA Early Child Care Programs:
- to help children develop to their fullest potential
- to support and strengthen the family unit
- deliver child care in a safe and positive environment
- to teach, model, celebrate, practice, praise, and reinforce the four values of character development: caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
- to foster health and well-being for children and families
Our child care center combines state licensing regulations with the YMCA mission to offer children the highest quality care. Qualified staff foster social, emotional, physical, and educational growth through developmentally appropriate activities based on the Creative Curriculum. We believe children learn best through play and experiences and strive to offer variety each day. Some of these experiences include swim lessons for children age 3 and older, music, art, dramatic play, and outdoor activities as well as pre-reading and math skills.
Our programs are designed to encourage children to develop a love of learning, life, and others. Through the use of guided self-discovery and experiential learning, teachers focus on providing children with enriching experiences to facilitate social, emotional, cognitive and physical growth and development at the most critical time of a child’s development – their early years.
Our centers provide a warm, caring and fun environment that stimulates their natural curiosity and encourages personal expression. Children develop communication, reasoning and problem-solving skills through play, interaction with other children, and exploration of their environment. Early childhood education and learning programs help children grow physically, and mentally, while emphasizing and modeling the character development values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
Our Kenosha YMCA Preschoolers
- practice literacy and writing skills
- practice numbers, counting and pre-math skills
- imaginative & cooperative play
- fine motor skills
- gross motor skills
- social skills & independence
- use problem-solving to learn
- stay active in our gyms and pools
- GRADUATE KINDERGARTEN READY!!
Our Program Includes:
- Certified Teachers
- Year-round, full-day program, Monday – Friday, 6:30am – 6:00pm
- Socialization readiness skills such as letter, shape and number recognition using Creative Curriculum
- Students learn diversity appreciation through multicultural activities, drama, dance and community service projects Certified Lead Teachers
- Nutritionally sound breakfast, lunch and snack; under CACFP & HEPA guidelines
- Good health practices through daily exercise and activity, including…
- Weekly free swim lessons
- Gym/Outdoor time
- Visits to local sites and area businesses
- Full / Half Day and Member Rates available